Electronic Delivery of Business Services

  • I agree to receive and/or initiate the following items via electronic means: billing statement, direct deposit sign-up, IRS form 1098-T (tuition statement), IRS form 1098-E (loan interest statement), authorization of the application of financial aid and payroll deduction sign-up.



  • All University billing statements and related notices will be provided to me via electronic means. I can opt out of this option. Opting out will result in an $8.00 paper statement processing fee billed to the U-Bill each semester.
  • Tuition and fees policies and descriptions can be found in the course catalog. Tuition and fees are subject to change upon approval by the Board of Regents.
  • I am responsible for all charges assessed to my U-bill at Iowa State University or any subsequent charges following my withdrawal or cancellation of courses.
  • I am liable for any costs associated with programs in which I have voluntarily enrolled even if they are not processed through my University account. These costs may consist of purchases made on my behalf that are associated with a course or University-associated activity.
  • The university refund policy can be found at Tuition Adjustment Deadlines
  • In the event my address, e-mail address, or phone number change, I will notify the Accounts Receivable Office of the change.
  • COVID-19 note, 2020-21 Tuition and Mandatory Fees will apply regardless of the method of instruction, including in the event instruction occurs remotely or in alternative formats for any part of the academic year. Tuition and Mandatory Fees will not be refunded in the event instruction occurs remotely or in alternative formats.


Authorization of Application of Financial Aid

  • I authorize the disbursement of my available financial aid for the entire period of my enrollment at Iowa State University to be applied toward all outstanding charges on my university (U-Bill). With this authorization I am also verifying that I will be enrolled in the associated term(s) of each disbursement. I understand that I am receiving and providing this authorization electronically. I understand that I reserve the right to rescind/decline this payment authorization. In order to rescind this payment authorization I also understand I must contact the Accounts Receivable Office via email at ubill@iastate.edu.



  • Payments are due within 20 days of the University billing statement date unless otherwise noted.
  • If I make a payment that is less than the total balance on my University billing statement, I will automatically be placed in the deferred payment option. I will be charged $20.00 per semester for being in the deferred payment option.
  • I may elect to pay my University bill by direct debit from my checking account.
  • If I pay by check, I will make my check payable to Iowa State University and indicate my customer number on the check. I will send it to the address indicated in the University billing statement.
  • In the event a payment is dishonored due to insufficient funds or otherwise, a $30 return fee will be assessed against my University account. I am responsible for all dishonored payments, including dishonored payments made by third parties to whom I have granted access to my account.
  • Credit cards are not accepted for payment.
  • Financial aid awards will be applied against the total balance in my University account if the award allows.
  • I may have credit balances on my University account directly deposited into my bank account. I can use the above link to initiate or change my direct deposit information.


Overdue Payments and Set-Off

  • Failure to make timely payments is subject to the following penalties:
    • Denial or cancellation of future term course enrollment.
    • All academic records will be placed on "hold" until the account is cleared.
    • The account balance will be accelerated.
    • There will be a FINANCE CHARGE computed at a periodic monthly rate of 1% per month on the balance or an ANNUAL PERCENTAGE RATE of 12% when computed from the billing date.
    • The University may report the delinquent account activity to national credit reporting agencies.
    • The unpaid account may be referred for collection. I will pay all collection costs and reasonable attorney's fees, including any costs associated with the referral of the unpaid account to an outside collection agency.
  • One way the University may contact me regarding my overdue payments is by calling any cellular telephone number that has been entered into my customer record.
  • The University reserves the right under Iowa Code Section 8A.504 to offset any amount I owe the University against any monies owed to me by the State of Iowa, such as State of Iowa tax refunds, lottery winnings and vendor payments.
  • The University reserves the right to offset any amount I owe the University against any credit balances I have in any University account, whether the account is managed by the University or an agent acting on behalf of the University
  • The University may offset even if I have entered into an agreement with the University to repay my overdue payments.


Dispute of Charges

  • I will send communications regarding any dispute of a charge on my University billing statement (including any checks marked "paid in full" or with similar notations) to Room 0880 Beardshear Hall, 515 Morrill Road, Ames, IA 50011-2103 within 10 days of the date of the University billing statement. I will include the following information with the communication: customer name, account number, the dollar amount that is disputed, a description of the error and an explanation of why I believe there is an error.



  • These terms and conditions shall be governed by Iowa law. Any lawsuit shall be brought in Story County, State of Iowa. Iowa State University does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, age, religion, national origin sexual orientation gender identity, genetic information, sex, marital status, disability, or status as a U.S. veteran. Inquiries can be directed to the Director of Equal Opportunity and Compliance, 3280 Beardshear (515) 294-7612.