Currently Enrolled

How can I pay?

Online - pay with your checking account and routing number in AccessPlus

Drop Box - located on the ground floor of Beardshear Hall, you can drop off a check or certified funds

Mail - send check or certified funds to:

ISU Treasurer's Office 
1220 Beardshear Hall 
515 Morrill Rd
Ames, IA 50011

Educational Savings Accounts / 529 Plan - start by contacting your plan administrator to find out what they require to release funds

Employer Reimbursement Deferment Plan - all applicable charges will be after grades are presented with successful enrollment in the deferment plan prior to the beginning of each semester for employees of businesses and organizations that provide tuition reimbursement programs


Are payment plans available?

Pay In Full - Pay account balance list on U-Bill by due dates; you may have additional miscellaneous charges throughout the semester

Deferred Billing Plan - $20 fee per semester, 3 installments per semester, pay minimum due listed on U-Bill to enroll

Monthly Payment Plan - While no longer open for enrollment, those with existing plance can make adjustment on AccessPlus


Why do I need to set up Direct Deposit?

REFUNDS - Available Financial Aid is applied directly to charges on your U-Bill about 4-5 days before classes begin. Any overpayment is refunded through direct deposit into the checking or savings account of your choosing. Set up your direct deposit account in AccessPlus





I have a past due balance on my U-Bill and a hold placed on my record, what does it mean?

 You will not be able to register for classes for the next term or get a copy of your transcript until you have resolved this hold.  Also, charging to your U-Bill from the University Book Store or other ISU Departments may be restricted.

Options to resolve:

  • Pay your past due balance.
  • If you are unable to pay your balance due, contact the Accounts Receivable Office at (515) 294-7388 or stop by our office at 0880 Beardshear Hall. You may also email us at


Educational Tax Credit (1098-T)

The tax form 1098-T can be found on your AccessPlus account under the Student tab and Tax Info (1098)


Student To-Do List:

Complete in AccessPlus   

 ACCOUNT INFO RELEASE - Until this is completed, the only person that can discuss the details of your U-Bill is you

 THIRD PARTY ACCESS - Until this is completed, the only person that can view the U-Bill is you 

 DIRECT DEPOSIT - In the event of a credit balance, direct deposit is recommended for a speedy refund